Thursday, December 1, 2011

NaNoWriMo Winner!

Well, I did it. 50,020 words in 30 days. I started two separate stories this month and didn't finish either one, but I learned a ton about the characters, the universe they live in, and my own writing process. I also had an "aha" moment on the very last day of NaNo, so now I'm pretty sure I know where these stories are heading, I just need to figure out how they get there.

In the meantime, however, I'm probably going to let these stories stew for a bit while I finish the semester. I'll work on them a little, because I don't want to get too out of touch with them, but I will no longer have word count goals to reach each day.

I liked the experience. At this point, I'm leaning towards doing it again, but I won't know for sure until I get a little more perspective on the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment